Sunday, July 5, 2009

HRM (Assignment 2)


Thinking twice about a career in the FUTURE?

I.T. is everywhere. Every industry, from marketing to engineering uses I.T... Most large companies have their own in house I.T. department, as do governments, and even some NGO’s. And being an IT student, thinking about my future job is one of my concerns. Anyway, I got the idea on what would be the right term of my possible job in the near future through surfing the net on the hot jobs for the IT graduates. I have read a lot IT jobs, their descriptions, their qualifications, the salary ranges and many more. But before I have decided to choose a job for me, I first examine myself. The possible things that I can do in the future and the interest I had in mind. Well, I’m not really good at something. I can say that I’m an average person. I don’t have a particular field. But the good thing in me is that I can learn fast. And I have the confidence of honesty, hard work, perseverance and I can handle responsibility at some point. Hehehe.

Well, born to be an ambitious gal, I would like to be held responsible for the design, development, modification, programming and implementation of software applications, databases, enterprise reporting and analysis solutions. I would like also doing the blueprint for a design which ultimately will get physically built on a machine. Being the one who performed the initial design work that enables production systems and applications to use data and drive business processes, I would like to maintain an operating systems, business applications, mid-range server hardware, local and wide area network hardware and software, security tools, Web servers, e-mail systems and PCs. I would like to handle all aspects of IT security, like securing Wi-Fi networks, handling offsite storage of backup tapes, establishing policies for lost laptops and much more creating and implementing corporate IT security practices and ensuring that employees follow those procedures. I would like to play a lead role in small scale IS projects and an active role in large scale projects and will provide support to other IS staff when necessary. I would like also to be the one who oversee the process and methodology that is in place, identify best practices to ensure a successful project.

Wow! What a wonderful feeling to think of the future is in my hand. Putting my self in one of those prestigious jobs that I have read in the internet is like heaven. But anyway, it’s not impossible if God permits. We just don’t know I would be a Project Manager, System Administrator, Data modeler, Applications Architect, Software analyst, IT Security Manager etc. We can’t really tell. Maybe one of these coming years, I’ll be managing my own business. Or I’ll be working in one of the biggest and famous company outside or inside the country. Or I’ll bring the name of famous innovations in a fast growing world of technology. I would simply want to develop something that would bear my name. Would it be in games, web, anything that would help the progress of the society. Or maybe I became a plain house wife and just taking care with my future family. Whatever may happen will be twin with good lucks, and God’s grace.

http://www.cio.com/article/101314/The_Hottest_Jobs_In_Information_Technology


0 comments: