Tuesday, July 28, 2009

HRM (Assignment 4)

Career people find themselves on top of the world when the work they're doing falls under what can be described as their dream job...

As a sweet little angel, I dreamed to be a teacher. That was long ago when I realized that I'd like to be a Lawyer. But when I graduated in High School, I took up BS Accountancy...That time, I really thought of being a successful CPA someday and I once told myself, I will be a CPA Lawyer. I became slave of my far and wide imaginations. I wished to top the board exam. I even imagined myself in a coat and tie, with my car...everything that anybody would like to have in the future!!!! Since I have a very good foundation especially in mathematics, anyone who knows me says that I would be a good engineer or accountant. And that was before, long before when I thought that life is just fair. But for the many times of my life, I felt the pain of the harsh reality. I dreamed! I believed! And suddenly, I was broken. The rest is history...

Enrolling in this Degree is none in my wild imaginations. Being an IT student never crossed in my mind. My choice is Engineering, Accountancy and any course related to business and architecture. But when the wind blows and changed the path that I have taken, I have learned to embrace this course, for I can do nothing to return and just grieve. Hehehe, ng-emote…

Anyway, the main concern here is “how can the university help me achieve what I want to be in the future?” based on my answers in Assignment 2 & Assignment 3. Well, whether I like it or not, this would be my last investment. I am determined to pursue what I have started, again. Be it means that I have to drop more tears. Be it means that I would have to squeeze more and more whatever!! The university, whether we admit it or not, plays a big role in the success of a student in the future. In the first place, a university is the center of excellence. Education is a basic need that colleges and universities have provided. Though the best learning is from our very own experiences, it can’t be denied that going to school is still the best experience that every individual had. Every corner of a school is an eye-opener. Everything that your eyes have laid on teaches many lessons that you yourself will soon to discover. And one more thing, bringing the name of your school is an identity. It’s either an advantage or not, the mere fact is that a school you had will be posted on your person.

In this case, first thing is that I do really have a big respect in this university. I came from a private school, which I really consider as one of the best school I had. In fact, I have now the comparison between public and private schools, especially colleges and universities (So I have the guide na puhon,hehehe). But when I became part of this university, I have discovered its pros and cons. I became a living witness of its weakness and strength.

The university has its set of standards that would push you to strive hard. The mentors had their own style and teaching strategies. One thing is that, most of them are Nosebleed, ika nga! But as an IT student, I would say that the university is lack of IT facilities. Our department doesn’t have its own building. Well, we understand that. But in terms of introducing technology trends, it seems that the university doesn’t see its own vision and doesn’t understand its own mission. A support in IT needs doesn’t satisfy students.

For me, maybe it would be a great help for us students if the university will address our basic needs as an IT student. Like say for instance, the computer laboratories. It should be conducive and student-friendly environment. The computers will have to be in good condition. There should be no limit in using computer laboratories for practice. The implementation of free WiFi in the campus should be realized. Such benefits like these would help the students to improve in such a way. Also, I consider that instructors should have known the current trends inside an industry to relate more on actual jobs than more on theory. We understand that our mentors had their best to sustain our learning needs. Next is, there should be a library that would parade latest computer books for some references. Though we can find lots of information through internets, some still consider readings books (to minimize radiation exposure, hehehe). Another is, we don't have our own classroom right? We just borrowed two at the top floor. At least, these two rooms are pleasant to our senses. (Duha lang gni, pastilan!) It should be given attention that a student needs a friendly learning environment. In addition to that, competitions in several categories related to the course will help to boost the interest of the students to be more participative and give way to the idea of technological innovations that will of course drag the hidden talents and skills of the students out of their shell. And also, establishing seminars or any form of learning experience that will enhance the knowledge of the students will do. These are just few considerations that the university will have to see.

In connection to our assignment, my dream job is very ambitious. I must say that the university in current situation does not sustain our very basic needs as an IT student or I may call it, not enough for us to develop ourselves inside this university. The university’s mission and vision calls for a new system of administering technology. The Institute of Computing is one to be considered as an asset in the university thus, this department should not be taken for granted. As a whole, the university can help me at least, to achieve what I want to be in the future if simple things above should be given a chance and would be done.

Finally, I strongly believe that what you are today is your decision yesterday. Skwela tarong para makahuman….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahay!!

Anonymous said...

Sha,
ng-emote
lage ka?

hehehe....

Tzay said...

hehehe..

li na gud mu
react beh!!!